Sunday, March 19, 2017

PIC: Beginning the Hiring Process and Everything Else!

This past week, I have been mainly preparing for the next stages of the PIC program through our mass hiring process! Going through the resumes of our applicants has been somehow a tedious yet exciting process! Sure, having to click through word documents and PDFs and taking notes on how our applicants’ experiences relate to the position grows tiresome. However, actually imagining these applicants as PIC students gives me a lot to look forward to in terms of how much energy will soon be added to the program! I can’t wait to hear how our applicants tell their stories and express their interest in PIC in our interview over the next few weeks!


In other news, I have been chipping away at the Operations Service Point Training. I hope to be finished with that by our meeting on Tuesday. My meeting with the LSA government representatives to talk about transfer students was rescheduled to later this week, so hopefully I can have a good conversation with them about transfer student services and how the Learning and Teaching division of the  library can coordinate outreach with transfer students. Lastly, I have been slowly accumulating articles for the environmental scan of college access and achievement programs for minority and first-generation students, but I need to pick up my pace this week and dedicate more time to it. Overall, learning to balance all of my new responsibilities with my schoolwork (and my student government role) have been challenging, but I think gaining this experience in time management is crucial for my future professional success!

No comments:

Post a Comment