Wednesday, January 3, 2018

My Instruction Introduction for SI 643

Hello everyone!

My name is Russel Peterson and I am a second-year in the MSI program specializing in Library and Information Science. I am originally from Norwood Young America (yes, that is the town's entire name), a small town in rural, southern Minnesota. I attended Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota and attained a bachelor's degree in History with a concentration in Latin American Studies.

I have always loved libraries since I got my first library card when I was six years old! My first job actually was being a shelver for my hometown library, and the mentoring that I received there made me seriously consider librarianship as a career path. I think what made me choose UMSI as the place to get my master's was the fact that the interdisciplinary nature of the program meant I was broadening the range of skills and knowledges I would be exposed to. My experiences in this program have made me gravitate towards evaluative research and assessment of academic libraries.

Outside of librarianship, I have a love for film, television, and video games, with The Crown, Reigns: Her Majesty, RuPaul's Drag Race, and Uma Thurman movies being my current obsession. I'm also a big fan of the outdoors, as I love to camp (in all seasons!), go snowshoeing, and go sledding. When I am not caught up in near-perpetual winter, I also enjoy hiking and canoeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment